Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hospital Gave Lethal Injections to Patients During Hurricane Katrina

Just a little something to help you sleep.

Just after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans rumors circulated that at least one hospital had euthanized patients during the mayhem. LifeSiteNews.com reported in September 2005, that an unnamed doctor admitted to a UK newspaper that such activities had taken place at Memorial Medical Center.

It's much easier than moving them to safety. Remind me never to get sick in the south.

In October another doctor at the hospital confirmed in a CNN interview that he suspected such activities and admitted he left the hospital saying he would rather abandon patients than actively kill them.

Well, actually, either way, same outcome.

The allegations revolve around a group of patients left on the seventh floor at Memorial Medical Center. This floor was leased to a different entity, LifeCare Hospitals. According to NPR, the patients on the seventh floor were all DNR patients -- they had "do not resuscitate" orders.

Yeah, but I don't think that means "kill me in case of a natural disaster" though. Are we that lazy of a country that we'd rather commit murder than try to help our fellow man? Obviously, yes. I'm going to Greenland.

1 Comments:

Blogger none said...

I gotta say though, if I'm gonna die I'd rather go a lot quicker than rotting away in a shithole. I vote for voluntary euthanasia personally, just wish they'd legalise it over here.

February 23, 2006 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home