Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Irving: 'Nobody will silence me'

That's what a lot of people thought...you know...before they were shot.

David Irving, the controversial historian, has confirmed he is to appeal against his three-year sentence for denying the Holocaust.

Whoa...three years for denying the Holocaust? That's a little stiff no? I mean, sure, everyone knows there was a Holocaust cause, you know, people died in it. I can understand the frustration and hurt saying there was no Holocaust could cause certain people but does it really constitute a crime? Can't we as a world just pass it off as the ravings of a crooked mind and let it be?

In a television interview given from his jail in Austria, Irving, 67, said "I come from a free country, I am not going to let anybody silence me.

Coming FROM a free country doesn't matter if you're not IN a free country. It's all about where you are. If I was in Israel I wouldn't say there was no Holocaust. You have to know the laws of the land you're standing in. Otherwise, yeah, you get your ass silenced.

"They are not going to succeed, I don't think."

You don't sound too sure about that one Irving.

During his day-long trial in Vienna on Monday, he pleaded guilty to denying the Holocaust, but insisted that he now acknowledged the Nazis' slaughter of six million Jews during the Second World War.

Huh? So what was the slaughter of six million Jews, an accident?
"Oh man, we just slaughtered six million Jews, we are in soooooo much trouble."
" Maybe no one will notice."

Holocaust denial is a crime in Austria punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

Wow. That's good to know. Cause I was going to vacation there and now I know not to wear my bathing suit with the little swastikas on it. (I'm just kidding, save the hate e-mails please)

Do I think the Holocaust happened. Yeah, probably, but you know, I wasn't there so whatever. It's in the past. I think we should never forget it but I don't think never speaking of it is a healthy approach to making sure we never repeat the mistake, not just with Jews, but anyone else, like, you know, umm...Muslims.

1 Comments:

Blogger none said...

Yeah, you're right. If we slaughter 6 million Muslims MAKE SURE NO FUCKER FINDS OUT!! HIDE THE BASTARD BODIES BETTER!! USE MUSLIMS TO DO THE KILLING AND BURNING THEN KILL THEM TOO!!

Hopefully we WILL learn from our mistakes.

Or maybe this time no-one WILL notice!

February 23, 2006 12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home