Saturday, October 14, 2006

U.N. Adopts Resolution Against N. Korea

Oh look, the organization that never does anything has done something that will have no effect on anything.

The U.N. Security Council voted unanimously on Saturday to impose punishing sanctions on North Korea for carrying out a nuclear test, declaring that its action posed "a clear threat to international peace and security."

Now for the never-ending discussion on what those punishing sanctions will be.

North Korea immediately rejected the resolution, and its U.N. ambassador walked out of the council chamber after accusing its members of a "gangster-like" action which neglects the nuclear threat posed by the United States.

Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

"The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is ready for talks, dialogue and confrontation," Ambassador Pak Gil Yon said.

Talking is overrated. Besides, most of the time, everyone skips the first two and goes right for the confrontation.

"If the United States increases pressure upon the Democratic People's Republic of Korea persistently, the DPRK will continue to take physical countermeasures considering it as a declaration of war."

This world is so full of bullshit it makes my head spin. I don't know if it's the smell or what. Maybe its the alcohol I'm forced to take into my body so that I can deal with it or maybe it's the constant confusion I face trying to figure out exactly what's going on in the world. I'll just take a break for now and go back to trying to figure out what I'll tell my daughter when the world is on fire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home