Monday, October 09, 2006

North Korea claims first-ever successful nuclear test

Well, it took only about an hour for my Sunday Sign of Hope to be demolished. Thanks North Korea.

North Korea today boasted that it successfully tested a nuclear weapon, sparking a barrage of global condemnation and threats of harsh sanctions over an underground blast that appeared to thrust the volatile communist state into the elite club of nuclear-armed nations.

This must mean they're not going to get the elite club members-only jacket. I'm just glad that all the preventive measures that were taken to keep North Korea from obtaining nuclear arms worked out so well. If anyone needs me I'll be in the corner trying to figure out what the fuck my President's administration has actually accomplished in the last six years.

The explosion prompted worldwide concern it could seriously destabilise the region, and even Pyongyang’s ally China said it strongly opposed the move. South Korea’s spy chief said there were possible indications the North was moving to conduct more tests.

On my way to work this morning I was thinking, "You know, maybe the world needs to be destroyed. That way we can start anew, try again, maybe do it better. After all, all civilizations eventually end. Empires fall, countries dissolve, radiation melts people. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing". Yes...I was stuck in traffic.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

was it really a nuclear test or did they just shoot off fireworks

October 10, 2006 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home