Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Thousands mourn at slain Russian reporter's funeral

When I was young, I always used to smile at the thought of having such an impact on the world that thousands would mourn my passing. As I've gotten older I realize that if I were ever shot dead my funeral would consist of remaining family, a few friends and a man trying to get someone to pay the bill cause I stained the carpet.

Western ambassadors joined thousands of mourners carrying candles and flowers at the funeral on Tuesday of murdered Russian journalist Anna Politkovskaya.

The flowers were symbols of peace and the candles were to respresent her odd fixation with wax.

Hours after Politkovskaya was buried Russian President Vladimir Putin, on a visit to Germany, called the murder heinous but played down her influence on domestic politics

"Boy, it's sad when someone with no power dies. NO POWER!"

The murder in central Moscow on Saturday of Politkovskaya -- who reported human rights abuses in Chechnya and described Putin as a cynical liar -- shocked the West and the diplomats' presence at the funeral was a clear show of solidarity with the mourners.

I'm assuming those "Western diplomats" that were shocked weren't Americans cause we have people throwing infants into garbage dumpsters and kids shooting up 2nd period English cause homework will ruin the weekend.
So, did Russian politicians have this reporter "whacked" due to her critical nature against Putin? Probably.

"This is the end of an era for Russian journalism and I don't know what will happen to it now that she is dead."

Don't look over here. American journalism has been dead for over a 1,000 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home