Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Face transplant woman appears for first time


oh my...it looks...so...fucking unnatural. I'm sorry, I know everyone's so gungho about this face transplant business and how it's going to change the medical community and all but this woman looks like she was mauled by a dog. She was mauled by a dog? It's all coming together now.

The French woman who made medical history as the recipient of a partial face transplant gave the world its first look at the results on Monday.

Anybody ever see Silence of the Lambs?

“I now have a face like everyone else,” Isabelle Dinoire said at her first news conference since the groundbreaking surgery in November.

Well, not really Isabelle. See, my face has kind of, you know, always been mine. Your face belonged to someone else up to a few months ago.

In speech that was heavily slurred, she explained how she was disfigured by a dog bite last year and thanked the family of the donor who gave her new lips, a chin and nose.

Does the donor family get visitation rights to their loved ones old face? I'm just wondering.

Ms. Dinoire appeared to still have great difficulty moving or even closing her mouth, which often hung open.

When she drools is it really her drool or is it...you know what, I'm looking to deep into this. I'm just going to make sure I add a line or two in my Will that no one can have my face. Yeah, I'm selfish like that.

3 Comments:

Blogger none said...

How many pints would THAT take? I reckon it's gotta be a 12 pinter at least.

February 08, 2006 6:22 AM  
Blogger A Mad Man said...

at least...I reckon it would take me about a 32 case and some serious head trauma

February 08, 2006 7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the fuck did they do to that
poor woman... now some serious drinking would have to take place.
and what, do you guys think she's seriously going to walk around with a sign explaning, she's the woman who had her face torn off by a dog or are you just going to see that face at the other end of the bar through your beer glass...bet you're going to think she got a head start on the nights drinking.

February 08, 2006 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home