Wednesday, October 18, 2006

McCain jokes about suicide if Democrats win Senate

Politicians should know better than to give us false hope.

Arizona Sen. John McCain, a likely Republican presidential contender in 2008, joked on Wednesday he would "commit suicide" if Democrats win the Senate in November.

Funny. I bet all the families of people who committed suicide found that fucking hysterical. Now I'm not one to spare feelings. I never really watch what I say or beat around the bush. I tend to be straight up. That way most people know where I'm coming from and where I stand and there are no misunderstandings. And while I expect truth from the people who run this country, I do also expect compassion and, oh I don't know, class and maybe an inkling of common sense.

"I think I'd just commit suicide," McCain told reporters, to accompanying laughter from Republicans standing with him. "I don't want to face that eventuality because I don't think it's going to happen."

Well, at least we know we can go to McCain when we need a reasonable and logical response to our questions. I mean, can you at least pretend to answer the question? You know, spin words to make it seem as if you're answering but in actuality you're not. It's an art form amongst politicians. Looks like they feel they don't need to humor us anymore. So I ask, when did the powers that be decide they don't answer to the people anymore?

3 Comments:

Blogger none said...

Why can't ALL politicians just commit suicide?

Jeez, that'd make a seriously good reality tv show - I'm sure the whole world would watch.

If it ever occurs, I THOUGHT OF IT FIRST - GIVE ME MY CUT OF THE PROFITS YOU BASTARDS!!!

October 19, 2006 12:50 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Nothing like someone in power actually using that power for good and touching the hearts and minds of the people. How inspiring...NOT! How embarrassing for Americans everywhere and this is one of the voices the world sees as "American" instead of realizing we are not always like those we vote into power. How sad.

October 19, 2006 3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe we could get Koolaid for Congress...the sad thing is no one would miss them.

October 20, 2006 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home