Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Six men killed with bullet through the head in Germany

Nice shot.

Six Italians were murdered in the industrial heart of Germany last night in an unprecedented Mafia hit.

Oh, I guess The Sopranos isn't over.

The men, from Calabria in southern Italy, were aged between 16 and 38. They were gunned down outside an Italian restaurant in the city of Duisburg, western Germany, after celebrating one of the group’s 18th birthday.

Nothing like celebrating another year of life like having someone end it. I'm an Italian-American and unlike many of the other people who share my national heritage, I'm quite positive on the mafia. You see, most people who hear a last name ending in a vowel immediately picture Al Pacino having his brother shot in a boat. That sometimes garners me an easier time getting a nice table at a restaurant, a free glass of wine and one time, about five years ago, a middle-eastern man asked me if I could get him some "official papers". In hindsight, I think I probably should have told someone about that.

An anti-Mafia police squad from Calabria and Interpol officers based in Rome have been dispatched to help local officers, who are not used to investigating mass gangland killings.

Germany not accustomed to mass-killings? Oh come on.

1 Comments:

Blogger none said...

Oh, Germany is used to mass killing all right - they just aren't used to investigating them!

August 21, 2007 6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home