Monday, August 06, 2007

Latest poll shows growing support for Iraq war policy

Well...didn't see this one coming.

USA TODAY's Susan Page reports that President Bush is making some headway in arguing that the increase in U.S. troops in Iraq is showing military progress.

There are some people in the world who want nothing more than to see the US in Iraq fail. This includes tons of Americans, not just the America-hating rest of the world. But lets forget Bush being an idiot for a second, lets forget that Cheney is either the devil himself or closely related and lets be honest. If the surge is working, it is good news. If there is progress in Iraq, then perhaps, just maybe, slim chance as it may be, Bush was right. Wow, imagine that.

In the latest USA TODAY/Gallup Poll, taken Friday through Sunday, the proportion of those who said the additional troops are "making the situation better" rose to 31% from 22% a month ago. Those who said it was "not making much difference" dropped to 41% from 51%.

As much as I'd like to see Bush's plan succeed (I'm not a Republican, I'm just a big fan of less US casualties and a better Iraq) I don't trust polls. Why? Cause you can use polls to prove anything. I asked four people if I was right about that and 75% agreed with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home