Thursday, September 07, 2006

Tony Blair to quit within a year

Wish I could quit my job.

British Prime Minister Tony Blair is set to say on Thursday he will step down within a year but is not contemplating resigning immediately, his spokesman said.

I have no idea how politics work in England. I'm assuming it involves tea and cricket.

In an attempt to defuse a leadership crisis engulfing his ruling Labour Party, Blair would make a statement on his future between 1300 and 1400 GMT which would reflect what his environment minister said this week, the spokesman said.

I'm lost. I don't even know what time that is. And I didn't know the Labour Party was having a leadership crisis. Why was I not informed of this?

Blair has ruled the country for almost a decade and won three consecutive elections but seen his popularity slide and a growing rebellion within government calling for him to quit.

It's cause of us Americans isn't it? I'm sorry.

1 Comments:

Blogger none said...

Nah Mad Man, it's not because of you Americans - I't's because Blair is a Twat, simple as . . . .

September 08, 2006 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home