Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Japan celebrates birth of male heir


Lucky little shit. One day he'll inherit Japan. All I inherited at birth were my parents pyschological disorders.

Japanese royalists were in celebratory mood today after Princess Kiko, the wife of the emperor's younger son, gave birth to a baby boy who will one day become the 128th emperor of Japan.

So, think he'll be a spoiled little bastard?

The rest of the country greeted the prince's arrival, at 8:27am local time, with relief that a boy had been born into the imperial family for the first time in more than 40 years, thereby averting a succession crisis that had threatened to bring one of the world's oldest monarchies to the brink of extinction.

They say it like that would be a bad thing.

The baby's arrival is expected to put on hold talk of reforming Japan's succession law to allow females to inherit the chrysanthemum throne.

I can't make fun of this until the US has a woman President.

Prince Akishino, 40, has yet to speak publicly about the birth but was quoted as thanking his wife for "a job well done" as she emerged from the operating theatre.

If that was the first fucking thing I said to my girlfriend after she gave birth to my son I'd be spending the following three months begging for my testicles back.

"I'm back," was her reported response.

There's a lot of love in that marriage. I can feel it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the baby really hav down syndrome

September 07, 2006 5:47 AM  
Blogger A Mad Man said...

No, that was a joke, I think. I don't know do I look like Japanese Royalty to you?

September 07, 2006 6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home