Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Progress made in Iran nuclear talks


Progress? I have to admit this headline is throwing me for a loop. Who would of thought that the word "progress" would appear along with "Iran" and "nuclear"? So, lets see how microscopic this progress was.

World powers said after a meeting that they had made progress, but failed to reach a consensus on a package of incentives and threats to prevent Iran from being able to build a nuclear bomb.

Who would have thought "progress" would include "failing to reach a consensus"? I don't know how to feel right now. Should I be hopeful? Skeptical? Fearful? I'll go with paranoid. Excuse me while I push the couch up against the door and prepare to live in my bathtub.

A spokesman for the US State Department said Iran, which insisted on its right to a full range of nuclear technology, had recently sought bilateral talks with the United States but that Washington would stick to a multilateral approach.

Where's the progress?

After the meeting, Britain said it was encouraged by the progress and that officials would propose that foreign ministers should meet soon to take final decisions.
Ah the progress was that talks would continue. Yay. Yipee. Ya-hoo. Blah blah blah. I'm taking a nap. Someone wake me up when something happens please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home