Friday, March 17, 2006

US launches largest airborne assault since start of Iraq war

Kind of scary that three years into the war we need a larger air assualt than we intially did upon the invasion. Am I the only one noticing that?

US-led forces on Thursday launched the largest airborne assault in Iraq since the beginning of the war, targeting insurgents northeast of Samarra, the US military in Baghdad said.

It's not that I think the Iraqi war is going nearly as bad as the media makes it seem but I don't think it's going quite as well as my government thinks they can make me think. It's somewhere in the middle. I call it the grey zone.

More than 1,500 US and Iraqi soldiers and 50 aircraft as well as 200 tactical vehicles were involved in 'Operation Swarmer,' the US- led coalition said.

Operation Swarmer. Why do we give our little operations names like Swarmer, or Raging Bull, or, like the British named their invasion operation, James Bond. It's like we're just playing a video game. Everyone having a good time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home