Thursday, January 31, 2008

Genetic mutation makes those brown eyes blue


My girlfriends a mutant. I knew it.

People with blue eyes have a single, common ancestor, according to new research.

Does this mean she's inbreed? Both her parents have blue eyes.

A team of scientists has tracked down a genetic mutation that leads to blue eyes. The mutation occurred between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago, so before then, there were no blue eyes.

I have brown eyes. I'm normal. I've been trying my whole life to explain that to people.

"Originally, we all had brown eyes," said Hans Eiberg from the Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine at the University of Copenhagen.

Well as far as mutations go this one is alright with me. I love my girlfriend's blue eyes. So very pretty. I wonder if they know anything about a third testicle. Not saying I have a third testicle, just saying I've heard...well...I have a friend who...my parents are related aren't they.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about blonde hair?...talk of inbreeding...there must be a stupid
gene in there some place

February 01, 2008 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to know who was around
6 to 10 million years ago checking eyes...I think they had their hands filled just trying not to be eaten by some large animal...so I shouldn't believe that there were
blonde, blue eyed bombshells cave women running around like in the movies.
and here I thought the cave men had it made.

February 01, 2008 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home