Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday Sign of Hope June 10th 2007

Solider In Iraq Attends Son's Birth Via Webcam

Finally somthing good comes from all this technology. From WNBC:

Emily Childers said she couldn't imagine the moment without her husband, Brock.

Minutes before birth, the baby responded to his Daddy's voice, which was coming all of the way from Iraq.

"I sure wish I could be there to hold her hand and help her through her contractions," Brock Childers said.

Emily Childers said she wished he was there, too. The family was growing from four to five members.

"At least I can talk to him in real time and see him." Emily Childers said.

A nurse said it was the first webcam birth at Sky Ridge Hospital in Lone Tree, Colo.

When the moment finally came, Brock Childers coached his wife from the computer screen.

"Come on, hon, push," he said. "Push hard. Eight, nine, 10. I see you, hon, don't worry. Oh, there is the baby! Oh my gosh!"

The moment the baby took his first breath was also transmitted halfway around the Earth.

"We've got a boy?" Brock Childers said. They did.

Baby Childers weighed 6 pounds, 13 ounces and was 19.5 inches long. He didn't have a name just yet.

"I can see everything," Brock Childers said through the speakers. "But I sure wish I was there. There is nothing replacing being there. I can't wait to get home."

1 Comments:

Blogger none said...

"I can see everything," Brock Childers said through the speakers .. .. .. ..

"So can we!!" chimed in 400,000 internet geeks who had stumbled on the live feed of his wifes beaver-cam!!

June 13, 2007 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home