Thursday, May 31, 2007

US warns against travel to Iran

Damn, now I have to cancel my vacation plans.

The United States warned U.S. citizens on Thursday against traveling to
Iran, accusing Islamic authorities there of a "disturbing pattern" of harassment after the detention of a fourth Iranian-American for alleged espionage.

Yup, that about does it for me. I'm not traveling anywhere except the US. Not because I don't like other countries, I do, I really love to travel. It's just, apparently, because my mother decided to birth me within the borders of the US it has automatically made me a violent, uneducated, war-loving, snobbish, gun-happy piece of shit. And now I'm also involved in espionage against Iran.

"American citizens may be subject to harassment or arrest while traveling or residing in Iran," the State Department said after confirming that Ali Shakeri, a peace activist from Irvine, Calif., who has been missing in Iran for more than two weeks, is being held at a notorious prison in Tehran along with three other people.

It's not just Iran, I limit my trips to the US and a few miles into Canada where I can fake a Canadian accent but run back to the US if it gets seen-through.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this just go's to show you how stupid we are or how stupid our government thinks we are. OK! maybe we need to be told in this country...we did elect Bush twice!
stupid is what stupid is...if it quacks like a duck, it's a duck

June 06, 2007 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home