Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Cindy Sheehan Calls It Quits

I guess she got it all out of her system now.

Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan announced Monday she is giving up her role as the "face" of the American anti-war movement.

Good. I always thought she was disgracing her son who was killed in Iraq. It's one thing to protest against a war you don't believe in. It's another when your son gives the ultimate sacrifice for a war he believed in (he re-enlisted in order to return to Iraq) and you make an ass of yourself for a few years afterwards.

"I've been wondering why I'm killing myself and wondering why the Democrats caved in to George Bush," Sheehan told The Associated Press by phone Tuesday while driving from her property in Crawford to the airport, where she planned to return to her native California.

I've been wondering the same thing Cindy. Why are you killing yourself over this? It's a shame most of us "normal" citizens still haven't realized that we lost any voice over the government we may have had at some point or other.

"I'm going home for awhile to try and be normal," she said.

Why not go mourn your son? You're due.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home