Monday, April 30, 2007

I have no intention to resign, Olmert says

I have no intention of throwing up after a night of heavy drinking either. But it happens anyway.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said he would hold a special cabinet meeting to discuss the conclusions of the Winograd report on the failures during the Second Lebanon War.

Honestly, I didn't know Israel failed the second Lebanon war. What I saw of Lebanon after the fighing made me think Israel did pretty good, you know, with the devestation and all. Oh well, I'm through trying to figure out the whole Middle East war-mentality thing. Muslim's want to be martyred so when you kill them they're all happy about it. So they win? I give up.

In a special TV address Olmert stressed that he would not resign, and said he planned to appoint a team devoted to "swiftly learning the report and implementing the lessons it requires."

"Yea I'll read it but don't ask me anything about it."

At a meeting of Kadima ministers earlier, Olmert said, "The report is indeed harsh, but I have no intention of resigning."

I'll revisit this topic when he resigns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home