Monday, April 23, 2007

Former Russian Leader Boris Yeltsin Dies

Yea, so...he's dead. I...um...well honestly I didn't know much about him so I can't really make any snappy remark here.

Former President Boris Yeltsin, who engineered the final collapse of the Soviet Union and pushed Russia to embrace democracy and a market economy, has died, a Kremlin official said Monday. He was 76.

Alright, there you go, he brought Russia into a democracy. I...um...I got nothing.

Kremlin spokesman Alexander Smirnov confirmed Yeltsin's death, but gave no cause or further information. The Interfax news agency cited an unidentified medical source as saying he had died of heart failure.

Well this is embarassing. Can't think of anything funny to say. I guess, well, okay, a nun, a priest and a former leader of Russia responsible for bringing Russia into a democratic age walk into a bar...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home