Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Found: The New Earth

I'm already packing.

Above a calm, dark ocean, a huge, bloated red sun rises in the sky - a full ten times the size of our Sun as seen from Earth. Small waves lap at a sandy shore and on the beach, something stirs...
This is the scene - or may be the scene - on what is possibly the most extraordinary world to have been discovered by astronomers: the first truly Earth-like planet to have been found outside our Solar System.


Oh YES! Can I get a ticket or a ride or something?

The Earth-like planet that could be covered in oceans and may support life is 20.5 light years away, and has the right temperature to allow liquid water on its surface.

20 Light years? Okay so, I'd be in my forties when I get there. But there will be no people. Fair trade I'd say. Now to invent the ability to move at the speed of light...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets see just how long it takes to fuck this one up!!

April 25, 2007 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home