Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Israel 'holds' Hezbollah fighters


Sometimes...I just need you to hold me.

The Israeli army says it has seized a number of Hezbollah fighters in a raid on Baalbek, a town deep inside Lebanon.

War is like checkers.

After air strikes on the town, 100km into Lebanon, in which 11 people died, Israeli commandos landed by helicopter and fought a lengthy gun battle. In a statement on al-Manar television, Hezbollah said those captured in Baalbek, one of its strongholds, were "ordinary citizens", not militants.

I'll tell you one thing I've learned about Islamic militants. If they are bombed, shot, or captured, they magically turn into innocent civilians. If you were to go by the word of Hizbollah, al-qaeda or the Taliban, only about six or seven Islamic militants have been killed in the last five years. Even if their bodies are found impaled by their own RPG launchers, wearing an "I'm an Islamic Militant" headband and a "I fought for al-qaeda and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt and a 500 pound bomb" shirt on, they'll still try to claim the guys were only deli clerks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home