Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Iraqi says had to change t-shirt before US flight

In all fairness his shirt did say "I'm going to slam this plane into an American monument."

An Iraqi architect on Tuesday said he was forced to change his t-shirt before boarding a flight in New York because the shirt had "We will not be silent" written on it in Arabic and English.

Apparently, you will. Or at least if you'd like to fly the friendly skies.

Raed Jarrar wrote on his Internet blog (http://raedinthemiddle.blogspot.com) that he was required to change out of the shirt prior to boarding a JetBlue flight from New York's John F. Kennedy Airport to California this month because officials told him people were offended by the shirt.

Honestly, and I'm real BIG on the first ammendment and all, but unhappy Muslims and middle eastern people scare me. See, when a Irish guy gets upset, he gets loud and might try to fight you. An Italian guy will yell and flail his arms and might have your legs broken. A Jewish guy will invade Lebanon but a Muslim will explode, literally, and they usually involve ball bearings or other small metal objects to maximize their point.

"I grew up and spent all my life living under authoritarian regimes and I know that these things happen. But I'm shocked that they happened to me here, in the U.S."

Yeah, shit is changing. Want to go to Canada with me?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your luck if passengers don't beat the crap out of you ,if you get up in mid-flight to go to the bathroom.
I think its so funny that people, who knock our building down with our plames get upset that we're not
the same america to them

August 30, 2006 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home