Monday, June 26, 2006

Gay Pride Parade Shines Through Rain


We're here, we're queer...it's raining.

Drag queens in knee-high boots, kids with two dads and New York City's first openly gay city council speaker were among hundreds of thousands attending gay pride parades across the nation.

Good for you. I'm staying home. You people are too colorful for me. Hurts the senses.

Tens of thousands of spectators lined Fifth Avenue on Sunday for the city's annual parade, withstanding intermittent rain and turning the route into a sea of rainbows with colorful floats and lavish costumes.

Fabulous. Just when I thought I couldn't care less about what's going on today this comes in. Now, I feel like someone owes me another day. It's not that I'm against gay people having a parade...I just don't care anymore. My parents grew up in Greenwich Village in Manhatten. I used to go there a lot. It's a gay parade everyday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great caption! but like you said Mad Man, who cares...where else would a gay man get a chance to dress like this, that's the only reason for the parade...it has nothing to do with rights!
where else would they get a chance to showoff their outfits...could you see this clown going to work in his Rainbow Bright costume

June 27, 2006 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home