Thursday, February 09, 2006

Violence, low turnout mar Nepal vote

Why such the low turnout?

Thousands of protesters have flooded the streets of Kathmandu after early results showed pro-government candidates sweeping local elections that were marred by rebel attacks, the shooting of protesters and low turnout.

Boy oh boy, when you people in Nepal vote, you go all out. We here in American only vote when its convenient and the polling booths aren't too far away. I've only voted once in my life and I'm not even sure who I voted for cause I used the United States historical voting method of Eenie Meenie Minnie Mo. Then I went home and complained about the government.

Six people were killed in violence on election day, including a protester shot by soldiers during the vote, which the US called "a hollow attempt" by King Gyanendra to solidify power.

I don't know who King Gyanendra is. I assume he's someone in power in Nepal. And why is the US commenting on Nepal's election process. Why we in everybodies business all the time? If Nepal wants to have protests in the streets and shoot their protesters and have hollow attempts to solidify power well good for them.

1 Comments:

Blogger none said...

Sounds a bit like the time I was in Florida, some dumb ass called George W Bush got into power - still not sure how?

Well similar, not so many shooting though if I recall.

February 10, 2006 4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home