Thursday, January 19, 2006

Russians face freezing chaos


Make sure to bring a jacket...and a blowtorch.

Russia is in the grip of a bitterly cold winter which is having severe consequences for both its residents and industry. Now the effects are extending to other parts of Europe. It was 32C yesterday. That is, minus 32C.

Alright, I'll admit it, I can't convert Celcious to Farenheit cause I'm American and here, we do things differently and never bother to learn the ways of the world. Why? Cause we're stubborn and selfish that's why.
So I'll just assume that minus 32C is really cold.

Russians do not bother saying the minus part because at this time of year it almost never gets above zero.

Bet they save a fortune on T-Shirts and shorts though. There's always a positive side to everything...unless you're in the Middle East.

Of course they are used to temperatures here that we only come across in our deep freezes. But this week has brought the sort of cold that has even the hardiest of Muscovites shaking their heads.
It has not been this cold here since 1979.


I was born in 1979...I wonder if that means I'm going to die this year?

One of the biggest problems every year comes from people getting drunk outside and then falling over in the snow and freezing to death.

Oh you Russians, you're so crazy. Seriously though, you're crazy. You shouldn't be THAT drunk that you can fall into snow and freeze to death. I've been drunk in the winter before but never drunk enough to not notice that the cells of my body are freezing solid. That's pretty damn drunk.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mad Man! now you know why Volka is the big sell in Russia

January 19, 2006 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home