Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Court upholds US right-to-die law

If I want to die, I should be able to. Fair enough. Unfortunately most the people that should die...don't want to. And it's still illegal to give them a helping hand.

The US Supreme Court has rejected a challenge by the Bush Administration to the nation's only right-to-die law.

I want someone to explain to me why, if someone is terminally ill and suffering and the quality of life has turned into a day after day affair similiar to a Vietnam POW camp, why that person SHOULD NOT have the right to end their own life. And don't give me that "God is the only one to give life and to take life" bullshit cause the Bush administration just bombed three huts in Pakistan last week and called the collateral damage "unfortunate".
And I doubt God had a hand in the birth of some poor kid who's mother really needed that extra ten bucks to support her cocaine habit or the death of some redneck who thought it'd been a keen idea to watch a portable plug-in TV in the bathtub.

"The President remains fully committed to building a culture of life, a culture of life that is built on valuing life at all stages," Mr McClellan said.

This coming from a man who's been making targeted kills since 2001. And before that was executing people like there was a prize in their bellies when he was the governor of Texas.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The majority of the Christians of this country are not arguing for LIFE but more for the right to decide who lives and who dies. Most of them are passing judgement, which, one could argue, is really the only thing God should have a monopoly on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great first line, Mad Man
I'm still laughing

January 19, 2006 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home