Monday, December 19, 2005

Protests and cheers at Britain's first gay 'wedding'


Imagine looking back at your wedding day photos and having to explain to people why your day of bliss included protestors and picket signs.

To loud cheers, Grainne Close, a social worker from Belfast, and Shannon Sickels, a playwright from New York City, walked hand in hand from a black taxi and into Belfast City Hall this morning to become Britain's first gay couple to have their relationship recognised by law.
"We just want to say that this is a very privileged position we are in this morning, and for us this is about making a choice," said Ms Close, 32, who wore a black tuxedo, as she led Ms Sickels, dressed in a white trouser suit, through a mob of photographers and television crews.


Yeah whatever, you'll be sick of each other in a year or two. (These high-publicity marriages never work out). I'm so sick of the whole gay marriage thing I swear I'm going to try to marry my toothbrush to change the fucking subject.

I don't care if two men, or two women, or a man and a cat for that matter, want to marry. I DON'T CARE! If two gay people want to live next door to me I have two requests. One, keep the noise down and two, don't ask to borrow anything cause I'm not really into the whole friendly neighborhood comraderie thing. (I'm the same to my neighbors now who aren't homosexuals, just a drunk drug addict and a single mother with depression issues which makes me wonder if living next to homosexuals would really be the worst thing in the world.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home