Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Leap second means 2006 will arrive late

But...But...BUT THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

The new year will begin one second late to compensate for the slowing down of the Earth's rotation, scientists have confirmed. The so-called "leap second" will be added to the end of December 31.
Leap seconds were first introduced in 1972 to keep "clock time" and "Sun time" in step.


This throws off my entire year. The new year rings in one second late. I could have spent that second learning a foreign language or learning to fly. I could have studied ancient cultures or developed new technology to combat terrorism or disease. I could have brought peace to the children of the world.

Now it's fucked...thanks a lot slow rotation of the earth. Hey...why's the earth slowing down?

The speed at which the Earth spins is continually changing, partly due to varying weather patterns and geological disturbances, but mostly because of the friction of tides.

Oh...okay.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is good ! Mad Man
great writing style and you're pretty funny to boot. I try to get on here as much as I can or when I remember.

December 28, 2005 6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why are they screwing around with the earth or the time. I think we're all going to die and they will be the cause of it

December 28, 2005 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home