Thursday, November 17, 2005

'No defects' in crashed jet


Here's a hint. When a passenger plane skids off the runway and bursts into flames, there's a defect, even if it's minor. Maybe the defect is sitting behind the wheel, or lever, or whatever it is pilots use to make the plane go.

Canadian investigators announced on Wednesday they had found no "significant anomalies" in the mechanical systems of an Air France jet, Flight 358, that crash-landed at Toronto Airport in August. What the fuck is a "significant anomaly"? That makes me want to get on a plane. Who makes the decision whether an anomaly is significant or not? I don't trust the guy at the Burger King drive-through, I'm supposed to trust some guy to decide whether the cable leaking some kind of liquid on the wing is significant or not?

Luckily no one was hurt as all 297 passengers and 12 crew escaped from the Airbus A340-313, or, as they affectionately now call it, the flying blazing deathtrap. For now, I'm keeping my feet on the ground. And I'm carrying a parachute just in case.





4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fascinating blog. You may want to check out my stock market day trading web page stock market day trading Keep up the good work

November 17, 2005 6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the morning laugh,
your Blog and my coffee and I'm ready to start the day

November 17, 2005 8:40 AM  
Blogger A Mad Man said...

Well, stop by any morning cause as long as this world turns I'll have material. Thanks for stopping in.

November 17, 2005 8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just can't believe this story...great Blog man!

November 28, 2005 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home