Thursday, February 07, 2008

Police Swabbing Mouths During Traffic Stops In Serial Killer Hunt

You can have my license and registration but you're not putting anything into my mouth.

Police officers in Daytona Beach are swabbing the mouths of persons of interests during traffic stops with special DNA kits in the hunt for an elusive serial killer, sources close to the investigation told Local 6.

"Look, officer, I'm sorry I have a taillight out but do you really need to run my DNA through a database?"

Investigators said they believe the same man has killed four women execution style in the Daytona Beach area.A profiler said the serial killer is likely clean cut and probably has a wife or girlfriend.

That's probably what drove him to kill in the first place.

And, the Daytona Beach police Chief, Mike Chitwood, said detectives have the killer's DNA. "Genetically, we know who he is," Chitwood said. "We have DNA evidence from the murder scenes -- so, we got that. That is never going to go away. And, sooner or later, we will match the DNA to the physical person and bring closure to everything that is going on."

While people may say that this procedure is justified in order to get a serial killer off the streets, it's what this could lead to that bothers me. I don't want someone knocking on my door and shoving a cottonball into my mouth everytime some nutcase decides to strangle a prostitute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home