Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger Found Dead in NYC

This is going to put a damper on the new Batman movie.

Heath Ledger, the talented 28-year-old actor who gravitated toward dark, brooding roles that defied his leading-man looks, was found dead Tuesday in a Manhattan apartment, face-down and naked at the foot of his bed with prescription sleeping pills nearby, police said.

Such a shame. Good actor. Young guy. Suicide? Probably. Wonder what could be so bad when you have the hold world in your hands. Too heavy maybe.

There was no obvious indication that the Australian-born Ledger had committed suicide, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said.

Accidental overdose? I doubt it. Usually don't overdose on sleeping pills unless you're really trying to. I'm going to go ahead and assume he killed himself and if I'm wrong I'll apologize later.

Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the SoHo apartment that is believed to be the home of the "Brokeback Mountain" actor, Browne said.

Believed to be his home? Well, who owned it?

The massage therapist and a housekeeper found his naked body in the bed at about 3:30 p.m. They tried to revive him, but he was already dead.

Kill yourself before a massage? Why? I would wait till after at least. No need to go to the great beyond all stiff...I apologize.

"We are all deeply saddened and shocked by this accident," Ledger's publicist, Mara Buxbaum, said in a statement Tuesday night. "This is an extremely difficult time for his loved ones and we are asking the media to please respect the family's privacy and avoid speculation until the facts are known."

Well I'm going to go ahead and speculate. Again, I'll apologize if I am wrong. I just can't wrap my head around it. If it were suicide, I just don't understand why someone so young and so successful would think that things might never get better. How bad could it actually be.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's why it's most likely not a
suicide but just a tragic case of taking too many sleeping pills...sometimes sleeping pills don't keep you asleep, so people make the mistake of taking more to stay asleep longer but don't mean to really go to sleep.
poor guy,
will miss him.

January 23, 2008 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home