Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dying Woman Loses Marijuana Appeal

Stupid, stupid. stupid...

A California woman whose doctor says marijuana is the only medicine keeping her alive can face federal prosecution on drug charges, a U.S. appeals court ruled Wednesday.

If you put her in jail we should all get together and shove California into the Pacific ocean until it comes to its senses.

The case was brought by Angel Raich, an Oakland mother of two who suffers from scoliosis, a brain tumor, chronic nausea and other ailments. On her doctor's advice, she eats or smokes marijuana every couple of hours to ease her pain and bolster a nonexistent appetite as conventional drugs did not work.

And the pharmaceutical companies must love that.

The Supreme Court ruled against Raich two years ago, saying that medical marijuana users and their suppliers could be prosecuted for breaching federal drug laws even if they lived in a state such as California where medical pot is legal.

Huh?

Because of that ruling, the issue before the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals was narrowed to the so-called right to life theory: that marijuana should be allowed if it is the only viable option to keep a patient alive.

No offense, but if the only way I could stay alive was to eat the brains of little children you better keep me away from the playground.

Raich, 41, sobbed when she was told of the decision and said she would continue using the drug. "I'm sure not going to let them kill me," she said. "Oh my God."

I love my country but I hate my country. Does that make sense?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is what California is focused on! are you kidding me. with all the problems to be concerned about, they'll make a stand on this issue. what's wrong with this fucking country...I'm moving to Bermuda

March 15, 2007 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home