Friday, June 09, 2006

Online relationship draws 16-year-old to Middle East

I don't care if it's the prettiest woman in the fucking world and eight of her friends, nothing short of getting on the wrong plane is going to get me over there.

For a couple hours Thursday, Shawn Lester was relieved to know that authorities in Amman, Jordan, had found her missing 16-year-old daughter.

Most parents fear that middle-of-the-night phone call after their child has gone missing. I wonder how it feels when you get a call that your child has been found...in the middle east. I want to know where she got the money to head over to Jordan. And what airline in their right mind would send a minor over there without a rifle.

Katherine R. Lester apparently was headed for Israel, drawn there through an online connection at MySpace.com.

Fucking MySpace, the internet brothel. Look, plenty of nights when I was in my teens would I sneak out of the house late to meet up with some friends or a girl I met at school. And I was subsquently beaten for my transgressions. However, I had the common sense not to take flight to the middle east. This kid needs a lobotomy.

It remains unclear whether she was traveling with a man she met on the Internet or if the teen planned to meet him at the airport in Tel Aviv, authorities have said.

ok...why's she in Jordan?

Although Jordanian authorities had the teen in custody late Thursday, they could release her. The teen left her Gilford home Monday. "At first I was relieved," Shawn Lester said. "But now I'm starting to wonder. I feel like I'm right back to square one, and I don't know what to think. "They won't let me talk to her and, according to the government, she hasn't committed any crimes over there, so they can't force her to return to the United States. It doesn't sound right to me, but they keep saying that the laws over there are different."

This is why it's okay to beat your children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home