Thursday, April 06, 2006

Top al-Qaida militant in Iraq captured

We catch a lot of those top leaders of al-Qaeda. In Iraq, in Afghanistan, in Pakistan, in Spain. How come it's never anyone we've ever heard of before?

Iraqi forces have captured the prime suspect in last year's kidnapping of Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena, the U.S. military said Thursday.

I don't remember that kidnapping. There's been so many they just all kind of mesh together into one big cluster fuck. I'm sure the kidnappees don't feel that way but, hey, I'm American, you can't expect me to care about anyone but myself and Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.

Mohammed Hila Hammad Obeidi, also known as Abu Ayman, was arrested in southern Baghdad on March 7 but the announcement was delayed pending DNA tests to verify his identity, the U.S. command said in a statement.

So we know his DNA but obviously have no idea what this guy looks like. Big catch.

Abu Ayman is believed to have led the Secret Islamic Army in Babil province south of Baghdad and is said to have close ties to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Like I said, big woop, I'm going back to bed. Wake me up if they catch Zarqawi, or if a famous person OD's.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just how many top guys are there in Iraq...do they just give them names and march them into the street to get captured

April 07, 2006 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home