Tuesday, January 24, 2006

No Jail Time in Death of Iraqi General

This is going to be interesting.

An Army interrogator convicted of killing an Iraqi general by stuffing him face-first into a sleeping bag can remain in the military and does not have to go to jail, a court-martial jury ruled Monday night.

Stuffing him face first into a sleeping bag. Where do they learn these interrigation techniques, frat parties?
And please explain to me how this isn't murder.

The jury Saturday instead found him guilty of the lesser charges of negligent homicide and dereliction of duty, which carried a maximum three-year prison sentence and dismissal from the service.

"I didn't mean to kill him, I was only showing him how soft and cozy the sleeping bag was." I'm calling bullshit on this one. Look, I understand the need for questionable interrigation techniques when it comes to terrorism but killing the prisoner doesn't yeild any information other than what the person smells like dead.
Also, we can't have this kind of shit happening. The world already views us as barbarians. How can you justify shoving someone's head into a sleeping bag...wait...how would that kill someone. I've crawled into sleeping bags headfirst before and I'm still here.

The jury apparently agreed with defense arguments that Welshofer had believed he was following orders to use creative interrogation techniques when he put Iraqi Maj. Gen. Abed Hamed Mowhoush face-first in a sleeping bag, wrapped him in electrical wire and sat on his chest in November 2003. The 57-year-old general died after 20 minutes in the bag.

Ah, see I never wrapped myself in electrical tape and had someone sit on my chest. And talk about creative. Sounds like a Looney Tunes episode I saw once. I wonder if I can get away with doing that and claiming creative inspiration.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cincy Diva said...

I totally agree with you. This isjust showing the world that we feel we can get away with anything we want with no repercussions. Shameful

January 24, 2006 6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a no brainer!
where are we going as a country, when we see this as OK as long as they don't blow us up. what the hell are we doing "wakeup America we're killing prisoners"

January 24, 2006 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home