Thursday, January 12, 2006

Dozens Reported Killed in Hajj Stampede

Something spooked the Muslims. My money is on...another Muslim.

Muslim pilgrims rushing to complete a symbolic stoning ritual on the last day of the hajj tripped over luggage Thursday, and an unknown number of people were killed in the ensuing stampede.

My apologizes all you Muslims out there. I was wrong. It wasn't other Muslims responsible for causing the stampede. It was luggage. When will we learn? Luggage is not a toy, it's a dangerous piece of equipment. Look what luggage has done! Hey, why did people NOT trample others who had tripped over the luggage? What's the fucking rush?

And what is a "symbolic stoning ritual"? Sounds dangerous, although, not as dangerous as luggage.

The ritual has seen deadly stampedes in the past, including one in 1990 that killed 1,426 people and another in February 2004 that killed 244.

FORM A LINE!

The stampede happened as pilgrims were rushing to complete the last of three days of the stoning ritual before sunset. Some pieces of luggage spilled from moving buses at one entrance to al-Jamarat, causing pilgrims to trip and pile up.

Makes 'em sound like lemmings.

The stoning ritual is one of the last events of the hajj pilgrimage to Islam's holiest sites, which able-bodied Muslims with the financial means are required by their faith to do at least once. The pilgrims head toward al-Jamarat, a series of three pillars representing the devil that the faithful pelt with stones to purge themselves of sin.

They're required by their faith to throw rocks? Awesome. My mother used to yell at me when I threw rocks and all this time I could have just told her I was Muslim. If you have a lifetime to complete the holy Hajj, why is there such a rush? SLOW DOWN! No need to trample your fellow Islamists underfoot. It's not a rock concert...oh wait...maybe it is.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mad Man! some things seem beyond comprehension...love your comment about forming a line. just too many people in that country.
thanks again for the morning laugh!

January 12, 2006 7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one of your better stories...Mad Man
you are a real funny dude. I enjoy reading your Blog every chance I get.
Hey! I noticed someone was or left you a comment while I was on your Blog, do you get a lot of hits. your stuff is seriously funny.
good work

January 12, 2006 7:56 AM  
Blogger A Mad Man said...

I get a good amount of visitors everyday, not sure if I get a lot or a little compared to other sites considering I'm fairly new to blogging and the internet (I lived under a rock for a few years)

Thanks for coming by.

January 12, 2006 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home