Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Angry Parliament Sacks Ukraine's Government


I didn't know that you could fire a government. We should look into that.

Ukraine's parliament sacked the government on Tuesday over a costly gas deal with Russia, pushing the country deeper into crisis just two months before a parliamentary election.

I'm not going to pretend I know anything about the political systems in Russia and the Ukraine so I'm just going to assume they suck just like the rest of the worlds governments. So I'm not really all that sure what this headline is about. I read the article. Still have no idea what's going on. Something about two governments arguing over the price of gas. (Sounds familiar)

I'll be honest. I picked this article because I liked the picture it came with. Seemed out of place.

As far as the governments and the countries masses arguing and unhappy about gas prices, well, its the same ol' story.

It was anger over Ukraine's agreement last week to pay twice as much for Russian gas as it did in 2005 that triggered the no-confidence vote, backed by 250 members of the 450-seat parliament.

Gas prices are going to lead to the downfall of our civilization, if you can call it a civilization. Actually, one can argue, gas has already lead to the beginning of the downfall. That evil black liquid is like heroin for our governments. One of these days, maybe, we'll stop needed gas and then maybe the world will be a better place. Or maybe the price of vegetable oil will skyrocket. I vote for the latter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mad Man, If you've noticed, our gas prices are slowly raising higher ever day. Maybe we should take a page from their playbook and can our government.

January 11, 2006 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home