Friday, January 06, 2006

11 US Troops Killed in One Day in Iraq

I can just hear it now. "The war is lost." But is it?

Most Americans believed there would have been a decrease in violence in Iraq after the December elections were held. Somehow I knew this would not be the case. Why? Because an enemy being defeated is a desperate enemy. An enemy that has failed to obtain its goals, in this case disruption of Iraqi elections and a rift between Islamic denomanations within the country, will turn to tactics in attempts to make themselves seem bigger than they are. It's like a puffer fish expanding its body or a cat fluffing out its fur. The lose of life is devastating. Every time I read about the lose of a US soldier it saddens me and, I'm sure, like the rest of you, I question whether this war in Iraq, and the war on terrorism, is a winable conflict or just a waste of good life, either brave soldier or innocent Iraqi.

The U.S. military on Friday announced the deaths of six more American troops killed in the recent barrage of violence that has swept Iraq, bringing to 11 the number of troops killed on the same day.

Let's get one thing straight. Suicide bombers, IED teams, Islamic fanatics that drive a car into a group of Iraqi police officers and detonate themselves are not freedom fighters. Freedom fighters do not kill their own. These people are terrorists.

Do I think the Iraq war is winable? Do I think we will be able to defeat terrorism? I hope so. But I know one thing is for sure. WE will not be defeated and if we are, it will be by our own doing, not Al-Qaeda or the Taliban or foreign fighters from Syria or Saudi Arabia.

I'm not a pyschic. I don't know how this is going to turn out. I'm putting trust in my government to make the right choices and keep me and my fellow Americans safe in our homes. I'm trusting them to keep our soldiers as safe as possible at war and to outline a clear stragedy for success. Whether the government can do that remains to be seen but until the day a man has a knife to my throat and is forcing me to read the Quran, I refuse to doubt our will and determination to protect ourselves.

This isn't about a free Iraq in my eyes. This is about the destruction of fanatics that seek to spill the blood of anyone who dares think differently then they. People who are willing to kill their own brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers and their own children in order to show the world that their God is better. This planet would be better off with as many of those people in the ground as possible, be they Muslim, Christian, Jewish whatever.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

right on man! I agree with your view
wholeheartedly.
well said Mad Man.

January 06, 2006 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home