Monday, December 05, 2005

Woman Who Had Face Transplant Doing Well

How does one donate their face? I mean, obviously, they're dead, well, hopefully at least. But I don't want someone looking like me after I'm dead. And honestly, I'm not all that good looking anyway. I don't want someone other than me wearing my face. When did the medically community go the 'Silence of the Lambs' route?

The recipient of the world's first partial face transplant was thriving medically and psychologically a week after her groundbreaking surgery, one of her doctors said Sunday.
The woman, whose face had been partially disfigured by a dog, appeared relatively normal after the operation and doctors were pleased with her mental state, Dr. Jean-Michel Dubernard said in a telephone interview. Doctors had been worried about the potentially negative psychological effects of receiving part of someone else's face.


Alright, first off, what exactly does 'relatively normal' mean? That's really a matter of perception no? I'm just saying, you could say "you know, aside from half her face not matching the other part she looks relatively normal."
Having part of someone elses face attached to your head isn't relatively normal, it's not normal, its a scene from a horror flick like Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Mask.

Secondly, why worry about potential negative psychological effects of a face transplant? The woman was mauled by a dog bad enough to need a new face. I'd say she's got other nightmares on the schedule.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're right mad man, I think her plate is full on what she'll be thinking about
in the future. she has a face ! better then the one that got chewed up.

December 05, 2005 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home