Monday, December 05, 2005

Allawi Claims Assassination Attempt

You're a nobody until somebody tries to kill you.

An angry crowd confronted Iraq's former Prime Minister Ayad Allawi at a Shiite shrine south of Baghdad on Sunday, forcing him to flee in a hail of stones and shoes. Allawi called the attack an assassination attempt.

If an angry crowd confronting you is an assassination attempt I've been almost assassinated on many drunken occasions. Maybe this is an attempt to boost his political standing and maybe not. All I know is if I were a former anything important in Iraq I would limit my public appearances.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

unless you come out in an iron suit. your web is a nice read. light and funny
thanks for the break

December 05, 2005 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home