Friday, December 23, 2005

Wal-Mart must pay workers $172m

HOLY SHIT! I'm getting a fucking job at Wal-Mart!

Wal-Mart, the world's largest retail company, has suffered a potentially ominous legal setback, with a California jury awarding more than $200m to thousands of employees who alleged they were illegally and systematically denied lunch-breaks.

Wish I was denied lunch breaks. You know, I got to question something though. Is 200 million dollars really fair because you were told you couldn't go to lunch? I don't even eat lunch.

The suit was one of about 40 in the works nationwide alleging that the Arkansas-based retailer, which boasts a chain of mostly suburban superstores across the United States and beyond, routinely violates US labour laws - keeping workers off the clock so they are not credited for overtime, denying them lunch-breaks and other rests, and so on.

Be careful, do not anger the Wal-Mart. You will not like the Wal-Mart when it's angry.
Good for those employees. Now, I'm off to figure out someway I can trick my boss into not allowing me a lunch break. EASY STREET HERE I COME!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is by far one of your finest works besides the first story.
just joking, great job on this.
you have some talent here! Man
or should I put Mad in there. Mad you're the sanest one putting this shit out

December 23, 2005 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home