Monday, December 17, 2007

Wealthy Couple Convicted of Slavery

Slavery? That's a new one. Well, it's old, but new now. I mean that I haven't heard of slavery for a long time. Not that I forgot about it...I...oh no...I like black people.

A jury on Monday convicted a millionaire couple of enslaving two Indonesian women they brought to their mansion to work as housekeepers.

Hey, if you buy two women from Indonesia you should be able to use them anyway you want.

Mahender Murlidhar Sabhnani, 51, and his wife, Varsha Mahender Sabhnani, 45, were each convicted of all charges in a 12-count federal indictment that included forced labor, conspiracy, involuntary servitude, and harboring aliens.

Fucking rich people.

Prosecutors said the women were subjected to repeated psychological and physical abuse and were forced to work 18 hours or more a day.

Sounds like a construction job.

The Sabhnanis, who have four children and operate a worldwide perfume business out of their Muttontown home on Long Island's Gold Coast, could face up to 40 years in prison, although attorneys predicted the punishment would be considerably less. He is from India, and she is from Indonesia, but both are naturalized U.S. citizens.

Mr. Sabhnani sure does like his Indonesian women don't he. Wish I could buy a couple of Indonesian women, I can't even afford one Mexican lady.

One of the couple's daughters collapsed in the front row as the verdict was read, prompting the judge to clear the courtroom while medical personnel attended to her.

"Who's going to pay my cell phone bill? And what about my car insurance? And...oh my God...I might have to get a job! I feel faint!"

Defense attorney Jeffrey Hoffman said he would appeal. "Apparently, the jury was taken by the histrionics ..." of the Indonesian women, he said.

Can you blame them, histrionics are so enchanting, I loved the number they did when they were singing and dancing about being beaten with broom handles.

Allegations of abuse included beatings with brooms and umbrellas, slashings with knives, being made to repeatedly climb stairs and take freezing cold showers as punishment for misdeeds that included sleeping late or stealing food from trash bins because they were poorly fed.

Yup, they were working construction.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any idea what perfume these butt holes produce, I can't find it.
Thanks
You can email me or I will check back here whatever floats your boat.
Sonya
Magnoliatr@gmail.com

December 17, 2007 5:26 PM  
Blogger none said...

I see no further mention of the aliens they're harbouring in paragraph 2 - Hmmmmm, smells just like a cover-up to me!


On a lighter note, best I let my thai housekeeper out from under the stairs now, house is getting dirty.

December 18, 2007 7:34 AM  
Blogger A Mad Man said...

Sonya, this is what I was able to dig up:

Varsha Mahender Sabhnani, 35, and her husband, Mahender Murlidhar Sabhnani, 51, operate a worldwide perfume business out of their home, contracting with overseas factories to manufacture the fragrances. He owns a trademarked popular perfume named "Royal Mirage"

December 18, 2007 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lets see...there is justice...they'll be slaves to someone in jail...I think they'll
be called somebodies "bitch"

December 19, 2007 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home