Friday, August 31, 2007

Actor playing Brutus stabs himself

You missed.

Julius Caesar lay dead and Brutus was talking to his co-conspirators about swords and blood when he paused and excused himself, saying "I seem to have stabbed myself."

"Oh golly gee, I seem to have gone and impaled my abdomen on this prop. Pardon."

Aspen actor/director Kent Hudson Reed accidently cut his leg open with the knife he was using in an outdoor performance of "Scenes from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar" on Wednesday.

Don't they use fake props in those things?

He tried to carry on, "but my boot was filling up with blood and I was flubbing my lines, wondering if I was going to pass out, wondering if the audience could see the blood."

"Ceasar is dead and I...I...I need first aid."

Portia (Susan Mauntel) took Brutus to a hospital for stitches and play narrator Tyson Young announced the performance was canceled.

"Ladies and gentlemen, due to a technical problem involving a knife, a leg and a brain miscommunication, tonights performance will be held at First Baptist Memorial Hospital. Please form a line."

Reed said actors normally don't use real knives, but the scene was set up so none of the performers were close enough to hurt each other.

Humans find a way, oh yes, they find a way.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've got to love your line
"Ceasar is dead and I...I...I need first aid."
funny stuff

September 01, 2007 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home