Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Obama Overstates Kansas Tornado Deaths


It's just the cluelessness we've come to expect from our politicians.

Barack Obama, caught up in the fervor of a campaign speech Tuesday, drastically overstated the Kansas tornadoes death toll, saying 10,000 had died.

Wow, I think I would have heard a bit more about that toll had the number been that high. I do have to admit however, I don't know the death toll from the tornadoes. Was he close?

The death toll was 12.

No, no that isn't close at all is it.

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died—an entire town destroyed," the Democratic presidential candidate said in a speech to 500 people packed into a sweltering Richmond art studio for a fundraiser.

So then, Mr. Obama, who actually "missed it"?

"There are going to be times when I get tired," he said. "There are going to be times when I get weary. There are going to be times when I make mistakes."

Promising words from a man hoping to be a future President.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

millions of people died when bird shit its them...are we jumping the gun again...he's only taking a tip from our administration...overstate everything

May 11, 2007 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home