Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Catholic nun forgave killers as she lay dying

My reaction would have been a little different.
"Avenge me. AVENGE ME!!"

Sister Leonella, a Catholic nun who devoted her life to helping the sick in Africa, used to joke there was a bullet with her name engraved on it in Somalia. When the bullet came, she used her last breaths to forgive those responsible.

She forgives you. The same probably doesn't go to whoever you going to answer to one day. If there's a hell, you just reserved a seat.

The shooting was not a random attack and could have been sparked by Muslim anger over recent remarks by Pope Benedict linking Islam and violence, said Willy Huber, regional head of the Austrian-financed hospital where the nun worked.

So one religion doesn't like the label of evil and inhuman so they shoot an elderly nun in protest. And this nun, as she lay dying, forgives them. Now, which one is the religion of peace?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

The world is going crazy, and your blog proves it for those who aren't really paying attention to anything else.

1. shooting an elderly nun
2. parents kidnapping their child to force her to have an abortion
3. wrongfully accusing a man of terrorist activities, having him deported to Syria, and him being tortured for a YEAR before anyone realizes he's innocent

Totally crazy and no one is noticing? Amazing that all this is going on right now. It's totally nuts.

September 19, 2006 8:14 AM  
Blogger none said...

I think you summed it all up nicely there Mad Man.

Can we 'glass' their country yet?

September 20, 2006 4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now that's what I call practicing what you preach!
and that's really following in the footsteps of Christ.
I would have followed Mad Man's example myself.
I guess that's why she's the nun and I'm the one who will add to the craziness of this world...don't know what's instore for me when I close my eyes for the last time on this earth but I'm going to have some fun while I'm here!...bring on the holy war

September 20, 2006 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home