Saturday, June 17, 2006

House rejects timetable for pulling US forces out of Iraq


I think this is the right choice. Ever have someone show up to your party that you didn't want to be there. Imagine how nice it would be to know they had to leave by a certain time. You would just hold out all the good liquor and party favors (marijuana) until they left. So I guess what I'm saying is that we shouldn't miss out on the keg. Sometimes I black out when I write this blog and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

The House wrapped up more than 13 hours of passionate -- and often partisan -- debate Friday by approving a resolution that supports the country's military mission in Iraq and rejects calls to withdraw U.S. troops.

The only thing that the government is passionate about is money. And sometimes interns. But mostly money.

The debate forced lawmakers to take a position on whether to support the war, and by midday, GOP leaders were singling out Democrats who voted against it.

No one likes to be singled out. Congress is like a high-school prom sometimes. Personally, I don't think it benefits anyone other than Islamic militants if we just cut and run from Iraq. Sure, I'm not exactly sure what we're doing over there but if it's wiping people like Abu Musab al-Zarqawi off the face of my planet than maybe it's not all for nothing. Maybe in a decade or two, right before the asteroid wipes out the few remaining people who survived the ravishing bird flu epedemic and were prepared for the horrible effects of global warming, we can look back on the Iraq war and say, "Hey, at least it wasn't 'Nam"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home