Monday, May 14, 2007

Record numbers on anti-depressants

Anyone who is really paying attention shouldn't be surprised.

The number of prescriptions for anti-depressants has hit an all-time high, a mental health charity has revealed.

I personally like to get by a case of the blues without the help of a pill that will give me rectal itching. I understand that there are some people who cannot get by without popping a little blue friend that can numb their mind better than a sharp blow to the head with a pipe. Know what I do when I get a little down? I try to hang myself. Seriously. By the time I figure out where to get the rope and where to tie it from and then spend time finding the perfect sized stool to stand on and then find a pen and paper to leave the world some insignificant last words, something really cool is on TV and I feel better.

More than 31 million prescriptions for anti-depressants were written last year - a rise of 6 per cent on the year before, according to Mind.

Great, 31 million people walking around in a fog. No wonder you can't have a intellectually stimulating conversation anymore. Most people's minds are more smokey then a teenagers bedroom when mommy and daddy aren't home.

It comes as the charity released research showing that country walks can help reduce depression and raise self-esteem, leading to calls for "ecotherapy" to become a recognised treatment for people with mental health illnesses.

Watch for sneaker sales to skyrocket. Actually, anything that would involve more effort than pouring yourself a glass of water isn't going to catch on. I mean, the main reason everyone is so depressed is because they can't get their fat ass off the couch. Best cure for the blues? A little sunshine. Seriously, life isn't that bad when you really think about it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is why everybody's in the world today is a downer!

May 16, 2007 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home