Wednesday, September 27, 2006

German opera house axes show over Islamic fears

I bet that left at least five or six people really, really disappointed.

A leading opera house called off a production of Mozart's ''Idomeneo'' that features the severed head of the Prophet Muhammad, setting off a furious debate Tuesday over Islam, freedom of speech and the role of art.

If we start canceling things that might offend Muslims we'll be down to stonings, riots and murdering hostages.

The furor is the latest in Europe over religious sensitivities -- following cartoons of the prophet first published in a Danish newspaper and recent remarks by Pope Benedict XVI decrying holy war.

So when, as a collective world, are we going to get together and tell these people to go fuck themselves? You'd think the lions of Islam wouldn't be so damn touchy. You know what I do when someone insults my beliefs? (hypothetically of course, I don't believe in much. In fact I refused to acknowledge my own existence until I saw my birth certificate) I ignore it. After all, if you're sooooo sure that Islam is the one true way to follow God, then you'll have all afterlife to laugh at us infidels as we burn in hell. Of course, if things work out the other way, well, better bring some bottled water.

2 Comments:

Blogger none said...

One word to that.

Amen.

Oh hold on, that's 5 words.

No it's not, it's 12 words now.

No, hold on, that's . . . . . .

September 28, 2006 1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FUCK them...there's no business like show busines, like no business, I know

September 29, 2006 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home