Friday, February 17, 2006

Calif. girl's prosthetic legs stolen for 2nd time

What's worse than losing a leg in an accident? Losing the replacement. And what's worse than losing the replacement? The fact that you didn't lose it, that someone, most likely already in possession of all the legs they needs, stole it. Twice.

For the second time in three months, a 16-year-old California girl who lost a leg in an accident has had her artificial limbs stolen.

This should end the debate on whether we live in a sick fucking world or not. You can't steal from handicap people, it's like jerking off in a room full of people. Sure it feels nice but in the end, you look like a fucking psycho.

Melissa Huff, an Arcadia High School student who uses a $16,000 prosthetic limb to play softball for the school team and another one, valued at $12,000, for everyday use, said both were taken from her bedroom on Tuesday.

Oh man, and she used the leg to play sports. She used it to rise above the handicap status and exceed where others have failed and become an inspiration to all the one-leggers out there and you stole her legs? You're a piece of shit. And what are the chances two pieces of shit would go to the same high school as a girl with one leg? Actually, wait, I just remembered my high school.

"I was picking up my little brother from school when my mom called me and asked where I left the two prosthetic legs."

My mom used to yell at me for misplacing the television remote. If I had misplaced my legs she would have beat me until I knew Spanish.

Lisa Huff, her mother, said she came home around midday on Tuesday and found the room shared by Melissa and her older sister a mess. Only the prosthetic limbs were missing.

So someone broke into the house and only stole two prosthetic limbs? That's easy, just look for the person with four legs and you have your thief.
"It wasn't me it was the four legged man!" (I couldn't resist that one)
I don't know, sounds really weird. My friends and I did some crazy stuff when we were in high school but no one ever stopped and said, "Guys, I know where we could get some quality prosthetic limbs."

In November, thieves broke into the Huff residence and took just her prosthetic limb. After that incident, Melissa's prosthetist and a local real estate company donated about $16,000 for a new limb.
The stolen limb was discovered in the teenager's backyard about a month ago, apparently thrown there by the thieves.


Umm...Melissa...lock away your legs.

Melissa lost her real leg two years ago when a driver accidentally ran into her as she stood in front of her middle school.

I'm betting he's going to swerve.

Whoever's got this girls legs, give them back. Ans stop stealing from one-legged high school girls who play softball, they have enough problems without having to hop around the bases and to class and all. If I was Melissa's father and I found the fucking punk or punks that did this, oh man, I'd be in jail...again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home