Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Swearing at work boosts team spirt, morale

"I hate this fucking place!"

Regular swearing at work can help boost team spirit among staff, allowing them to express better their feelings as well as develop social relationships, according to a study by researchers.

"Sir, I just wanted to say, with all due respect, you're a fucking asshole. You and your god damn company is slowly sucking the fucking life out of me and if I have to spend one more cocksucking minute looking at your motherfucking face I'm going to kill my co-workers. Wow...I do feel better."

Yehuda Baruch, a professor of management at the University of East Anglia, and graduate Stuart Jenkins studied the use of profanity in the workplace and assessed its implications for managers.

You know what always makes me feel better? Slashing my boss's tires. Is that too far? It's probably going to far right?

They assessed that swearing would become more common as traditional taboos are broken down, but the key appeared to be knowing when such language was appropriate and when to turn to blind eye.

In my experience about 96% of people can't tell the difference between those appropriate and not-appropriate moments. This is going to lead to a rash of customer service representatives telling the customers to go fuck themselves.

The pair said swearing in front of senior staff or customers should be seriously discouraged or banned, but in other circumstances it helped foster solidarity among employees and express frustration, stress or other feelings.

I've been doing this for years. This isn't news to me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sir, I just wanted to say, with all due respect, you're a fucking asshole. You and your god damn company is slowly sucking the fucking life out of me and if I have to spend one more cocksucking minute looking at your motherfucking face I'm going to kill my co-workers. Wow...I do feel better."


Mad Man...this is the best thing I ever read!!!
great stuff...great job
HYSTERCIAL

October 18, 2007 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home